My Guide Website?
Arequipa: City tour with panoramic bus1 Reviews
The panoramic Arequipa city tour is a wonderful way to discover the amazing White City. Explore interesting places at the Historic Center and the countryside of Arequipa with this fantastic tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Panoramic bus tour of Arequipa
- Explore the main tourist attractions around the city
- Discover the Santa Catalina Monastery
- Have amazing views to the volcanoes
- Admire beautiful landscapes of green fields
DescriptionWe will meet you up at the meeting point located in the historic center of the city of Arequipa. The panoramic city tour of Arequipa starts at the traditional district of Yanahuara, located 2 kilometers from the Historic Center, at the right side of River Chili. Admire the beautiful narrow streets with Spanish style, lovely houses and interesting tourist attractions such as the Mirador of Yanahuara. This place has amazing views of the volcanoes Misti, Pichu Pichu and Chachani. This wonderful viewpoint was built in the eighteenth century and it is located next to the Church San Juan Bautista, in front of a nice small square. These are arches made of ashlar with phrases of important characters of the city. The Arequipa city tour continues toward the Valley of Chilin to visit another incredible viewpoint known as Mirador de Carmen Alto. Here, you will admire beautiful landscapes of green fields and impressive volcanoes around. This place was used as an Astronomical Observatory, between 1899 and 1927. You will have privilege views to pre Inca and Inca’s platforms that are still being used for farming. Admire fruit trees and orchards. The next stop will be at Incalpaca outlet and zoo, a store with high quality clothes made of Alpaca, with excellent prices. The Alpaca’s fiber is soft, light and very resistant. Incalpaca exports their products to more than 50 countries worldwide, working hard with sustainability. Also, you can visit the small zoo with South American camelids such as alpacas, vicuñas, llamas and guanacos. We are going to pass through the district of Sachaca. Enjoy a panoramic view to a 18th century colonial mansion known as Goyeneche Palace. Also, you will see the aquatic park of Tingo, the summer place with pools for locals. Then, we are going to visit the Founder’s Mansion located 12 miles from the historic center. This house was the home of the city’s founder Don Garcí Manuel de Carbajal in 1540. The city tour will take you to explore the Molino de Sabandia, a beautiful mill built in 1621 and it still working. Going back to the city you will see the platforms of Paucarpata. The panoramic tour continues to Plaza de Armas and to Santa Catalina Monastery. Return to the hotel in the historic center of Arequipa.
IncludesDrop off to the hotel Touristic bus Professional guide in Spanish and English
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary The order of visits could change If your hotel is not located at the Historic Center, you should go to the meeting point located at Calle Zela 301, next to the Convent of Santa Catalina (Hotel Mirador del Monasterio). The exact time of the meeting will be confirmed after booking At the end of the tour, we can drop you off at your hotel as long as it has good access and it is located within the Historic Center. Otherwise, we can drop you off near your hotel.