My Guide Website?
Chocolate Workshop: from Bean to Bar16 Reviews
Learn how to make your own chocolate, starting from the cacao tree to the finished product and everything in-between. Discover why Cusco is known for its fine chocolates, and make your own organic chocolates straight from Peru!
- Prepare three chocolate drinks from scratch: chocolate tea, mayan, and European hot chocolate
- Leave the class with your own handmade organic chocolates tailored to your taste
- Discover everything you wanted to know about cacao and its transformation into chocolate
- Enjoy one of the best experiences in Cusco, and take home a very original souvenir of your stay in Peru
DescriptionLearn how to make your very own chocolate during this interactive tour of the chocolate workshop and museum. Learn of the chocolate making process from bean to bar and everything in-between. Understand the history behind the famous cacao beans, and why Cusco makes some of the finest chocolate around the world. Learn how to make chocolate from the professional guides, and then enjoy making your own in no time! When you make your chocolate, you will learn of the 4 processes involved which includes: roasting the cacao beans, removing cacao husk, grinding the cacao nibs on a metate with a mano (the same way the Aztecs did), and refining the cacao paste in a melangeur. You will create delicious hot chocolates and your own chocolate bar, with your choice of ingredients. You can take home all of your handmade chocolates unless, of course, you have already eaten them!
IncludesAll the materials to make your own chocolate are included You will be leaving with 150-200g of chocolate
- Please arrive at the ChocoMuseo at least 5 minutes before the scheduled workshop.