Cusco: 2-Day Inca Trail Express Adventure
If you're short on time and want to enjoy the breathtaking Andean Mountains, this trip is for you. Hike along the original stone staircases of the Inca Trail up to Inti Punku, and marvel at the views of the magical Machu Picchu.
- Hike through the Sun Gate to Machu Picchu
- Traverse the ancient Inca Trail
- Experience the beauty of the mountains in the morning light
DescriptionDay 1: Cusco to Ollantaytambo to Inti Punku (Sun Gate), with transfer to Aguas Calientes You will be picked up from your accommodation at 4:00AM and transferred to the Ollantaytambo Train Station for the journey to KM 104, the starting point of the trek. A 4-hour hike uphill will bring you to the archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna (2,700 meters), where your professional guide will explain the culture and history of the site. A well-deserved lunch will then be served after another short 10-minute hike. In the afternoon, continue hiking to reach the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) where breathtaking views of the majestic Machu Picchu Citadel await. Following that, transfer by bus to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) where you will spend the night. Day 2: Machu Picchu and Cusco Take the bus to Machu Picchu first thing in the morning for a guided tour with a professional bilingual guide who will explain the history of this historic area. Wander around the site at your leisure after the tour to take photos of this miraculous mountain-top citadel. You will then return to Aguas Calientes by bus. In the town, you will find cafes, shops, and plenty of places to relax. Visit the local marketplace right next to the train tracks where you can shop until the train whistle signals your time to return to Ollantaytambo. After that, take the bus back to Cusco, where you will be dropped off late in the day at the Plaza San Francisco. You will then make your own way to the accommodation of your choice.
IncludesPre-departure briefing Cusco accommodation pickup Round trip bus from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Train from Ollantaytambo to KM 104 Tourist bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1 Round-trip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on day 2 Train transfer from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo Professional bilingual guide on the trek and Machu Picchu tour 1-night at a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes Box lunch and dinner on day 1, box breakfast on day 2 Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees Airport pickup/drop-off Breakfast on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 2 Bottled water Trekking poles Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own) Accommodation in Cusco Gratuities of 20-30 soles per guide per trekker (this is optional, but recommended)
- This tour does not operate in February due to unfavorable climate conditions
- Single travelers will share a room with another traveler, couples will have a private room
- This hike is a 10 kilometer trail, mostly uphill with 550 meters of uphill that might be difficult for people who are afraid of heights
- It is suggested to bring hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sunblock, sunglasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries, and a memory card
- You should also bring waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, a personal first aid kit, and a water bottle
- Extra cash for snacks and water is recommended, the prices double or triple in price along the trail
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY