My Guide Website?
Cusco: 4-Day Multi-Activity Inca Hike to Machu Picchu
Take an Inca jungle trail from Cusco to Machu Picchu. Along the way you will take part in adventure activities such as biking, rafting, zip-lining, and trekking, all whilst taking in the amazing views of the Peruvian mountains and rivers.
- Enjoy activities such as biking, rafting, zip-lining, and trekking
- Relax in the Cocalmayo Hot Springs after a day's trekking
- Visit villages and learn about the local people
- Explore Machu Picchu
DescriptionDay 1: Cusco to Santa María (Biking and Rafting) You'll begin by taking a van for 3.5 hours to Abra Malaga, which sits at 4,350 meters above sea level. There you will be provided with all the equipment before you mount your bike for an enjoyable downhill bike ride to Huamanmarca, at 1,430 meters above sea level. Following a lunch break, your guides will take you on a Quillabamba River rafting adventure for approximately 2 hours (costs not included). The rafting experience will run for 25 kilometers and includes both class-2 and class-3 rapids. Later that evening, you will enjoy dinner before retiring for the night in Santa Maria. Day 2: Santa María to Santa Teresa (Trekking) After breakfast, you will prepare for your trekking high into the forest. On your way up, you will pass local as you venture towards the original Inca Trail at the highest point of your hike. After leaving the Inca Trail behind you, you will arrive at Quellomayo Village, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch and a small rest before trekking onward to the Cocalmayo Hot Springs. That evening you will enjoy dinner before spending the night in a Santa Teresa homestay. Day 3: Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes (Zip-line) After breakfast, you will travel to a zip-line where you will spend 2 hours (costs not included). From there the group will be taken by bus to an area known as the Hidroelectrica for lunch. Following a short break you will continue walking along the train tracks, enjoying beautiful landscapes for approximately 3 hours. You will arrive to the town of Aguas Calientes at around 4:00PM, where you will check-in for your final night's accommodation and dinner. Day 4: Machu Picchu to Cusco On your final day you will wake up early to catch the bus up to Machu Picchu, where you'll take a 2-hour tour around the most important constructions of the area. This is bound to be an enlightening experience, as you learn about this ancient city that was once so vibrantly alive. Following your guided tour you will descend to Aguas Calientes to get lunch, before beginning your return journey to Cusco.
IncludesPre-departure briefing Hotel pickup Tour Guide 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners 2 nights accommodation in a homestay 1 night accomodaion in Aguas Calientes Bike and equipment Entrance to Machu Picchu
- You will need to bring a small backpack, a fleece, good trekking shoes or boots, a rain jacket or poncho, a bathing suit, sandals, a towel, insect repellent, t-shirts and shorts, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, a flashlight, and any personal medication
- Make sure to send all information required, including passport name, passport nationality, passport number, passport expiry date, birthday, and gender • The local partner cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research Train tickets are not included, it is recommended to buy them 48 hours before your tour departure.