My Guide Website?
Cusco: Full-Day Private Hike to Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain
Enjoy a day trip from Cusco to hike up the breathtaking Palcoyo Mountain, also known as the Rainbow Mountain, thanks to its vibrant multicolored slopes.
- This trek is accompanied with wonderful sceneries of snow-caped mountains as well as the diverse colors from the mountain range.
- Enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain range and take some minutes to calmly appreciate the surroundings.
- Palcoyo acquires this colouration due to minerals accumulated over millions of years.
- This experience is carried following the established routes and regulations for its conservation,collaborating with the sustainability of this wonder
- Getting to the top of the Palcoyo mountain range is of a moderate level and very accessible since it is a walk without significant slopes.
DescriptionThe adventure begins with your transfer from your hotel to the starting point of the hike to the impressive colored mountain range of Palcoyo. Like the 7-color mountain of Vinicunca, Palcoyo acquires this coloration due to minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, among others, accumulated over millions of years and that nowadays offer a visual spectacle. Unlike Vinicunca, getting to the top of the Palcoyo mountain range is of a moderate level and very accessible since it is a walk without significant slopes, reaching a maximum elevation of 4,900 meters above sea level. Upon arrival, enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain range and take some minutes to calmly appreciate the surroundings thanks to the little flow of visitors in the area in comparison with the Vinicunca Mountain. This experience is carried by following the established routes and regulations for its conservation, collaborating with the sustainability of this natural wonder.
IncludesProfessional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English). Touristic transportation. Pick-up and drop-off. Box lunch. Admission to Palcoyo. Oxygen balloon and first aid kit.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru.
- Maximum altitude: Palcoyo 16000 feet | 4880 m a.s.l.
- This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco downtown altitude).
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic.
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other.