My Guide Website?
Cusco: Full-Day Rainbow Mountain Tour53 Reviews
Discover Rainbow Mountain on this amazing full day hike tour from Cusco. See spectacular landscapes and enjoy breakfast and lunch in local communities.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike the beautiful Rainbow Mountains
- See exotic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Enjoy an outdoor activity and contemplation of a visual wonder
DescriptionDrive approximately 2.5 hours after your pick-up from your hotel in Cusco. Stop in Pitumarca for a delicious breakfast before continuing your way toward the amazing Rainbow mountains. Next, admire the beautiful landscapes as you hike, with many mountains covered in snow. Walk past local people wearing the typical dress of the region and llamas and alpacas breeders. Once you reach the top, take advantage of some free time to take pictures and enjoy the beautiful view. After this, start to descend, you can choose between going through the Red Valley (optional) or going the traditional way. Finally, stop at the meeting point where you'll be transported to a delicious comforting lunch before returning to Cusco where the tour ends.
IncludesPick up from your hotel in the center of Cusco (with a return to the Plaza de Armas of Cusco) Informative meeting one day before via WhatsApp Breakfast Lunch (vegetarian or vegan options at no additional cost) Professional tour guide (Spanish/English) First aid kits (with oxygen cylinder) Walking stick First aid kits Oxygen balloon
- This activity is not recommended for children under 14 years. Seniors above 60 years must have in mind that this activity demands a relatively good physical condition. The trek to the Lagoon is 1.5-hours and has a low to moderate difficulty level
- This tour is not recommended for people with asthma, heart problems, and high blood pressure
- You must be in a good shape (there is the possibility to rent a horse for 90 Soles)
- It is recommended that you bring a long-sleeved shirt and sweater, a windbreaker, walking shoes, waterproof pants and jacket, gloves, a scarf, warm socks, a hat or cap for sun protection, sunblock and sunglasses, lip balm and any personal medication
- It is also important that you spend some days in Cusco before going to the Rainbow Mountain, so your body acclimates to the high altitudes
- It is recommended that you bring some local currency with you as there could be some places on site that don't accept credit cards
- Please bring snacks and water for yourself