Cusco: Full-Day Tour of Machu Picchu53 Reviews
Explore the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu with a full-day excursion of the once forgotten Incan sanctuary. Investigate its individual sectors and enjoy breathtaking landscapes and fascinating history of this Inca heritage.
- Discover the ruins of Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Admire the stunning scenery on the train journey to Aguas Calientes
- Learn the history of this sacred and ancient city
DescriptionDiscover one of the New Seven Wonders of the World with a magnificent guided expedition to the forgotten Inca city of Machu Picchu. Catch an early train to Aguas Calientes before venturing onward to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu. This icon of Inca civilization went unnoticed by the 16th-century Spanish conquistadors and consequently remains significant as Peru's best-preserved site of Inca heritage. Take the opportunity to discover landmark attractions such as the Temple of the Sun and the terraced fields of the agricultural sector. Take the famous picture from the observatory with the lost citadel behind. At the end of the tour the bus will take you back to Aguas Calientes where you can explore the city before boarding your train back to Ollantaytambo. A complimentary transfer will take you back to Cusco in the evening.
IncludesPickup from hotels in Cusco and suburbs (only available between May and December) Round-trip bus transport between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu Round-trip standard train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes Professional tour guide (English/Spanish) Machu Picchu Lost Citadel entrance fee Food Drinks Hotel drop-off
- When booking, please provide the full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant. This information is required in advance in order to confirm your admission ticket to Machu Picchu
- Bring a current valid passport on the day of travel
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, a sun hat, warm clothing, a waterproof jacket or raincoat, lip balm and, insect repellent
- It's also recommended that you bring snacks and water with you
- It is recommended that you bring some local currency with you as there could be some places on site that might don't accept credit cards
- The Standard train category is subject to availability; the tour operator will assign the best possible options; however, they cannot guarantee specific times
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY