Cusco: Full-Day Trip to Machu Picchu with Optional Hiking
Visit the iconic Machu Picchu on a full-day bus and train journey from Cusco. Enhance your visit by hiking up the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains.
- Go on a full-day bus and train journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco
- Enjoy a guided tour around the Machu Picchu site with an expert guide
- Admire the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout your journey
- Choose from optional hiking options to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
DescriptionExperience a tour ideal for those who have little time, but do not want to miss Machu Picchu, one of the most magical places in the world. Get a guided tour of the archeological site and you choose optional hikes to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Start your journey with a pick up at 4:00 AM from hotels and hostels in the center of Cusco and head to Ollantaytambo to board the train to the city of Machu Picchu. The 2-hour train ride is without a guide. Upon arrival, the guide with the names of each traveler will be waiting. Follow your guide to the bus station to board the bus to the citadel. The trip will last approximately 25 minutes. Begin a 2-hour guided tour of the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu. After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site yourself. There are areas available that are not included in the tour, such as the Inca bridge, and you can always ask your guide for suggestions to explore more in your free time. If you choose one of the hiking options, get the chance to climb the famous mountains that surround Machu Picchu to see stunning views of the Inca citadel. Later in the afternoon,l take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you will catch the train back to Ollantaytambo to finally take your last bus trip to Cusco, lasting about 4 hours in total. The estimated arrival in Cusco is around 10:30 PM.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from hotels and hostels in central Cusco Transfer by shared transportation to/from Cusco and Ollantaytambo Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo Bus ticket up and down to Machu Picchu Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Spanish and English-Speaking tour guide in Machu Picchu Food and drinks Travel insurance
- The add-on hikes for Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain are subject to availability. The local partner will contact you in case the option you chose is fully booked to offer an alternative or cancellation
- During the high season tickets of the first entrance shift may not be assured. In this case, you will be provided an alternative schedule, which can also result in a change of itinerary
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY