My Guide Website?
Cusco: Half-Day City and Archaeological Sites Guided Tour3 Reviews
Discover the charm and enigma of the ancient Inca city of Cusco on this guided tour of the best sightseeing locations and archaeological sites.
- Marvel at over 400 paintings in the Colonial Cathedral
- Take in panoramic views of the city and archaeological sites
- Immerse yourself in Inca culture
DescriptionImmerse yourself in ancient Inca culture on this guided tour of Cusco and its surrounding archeological sites. Starting at the impressive Colonial Cathedral, admire over 400 paintings from the Cusqueña old School. Next, head to Qoricancha, the main temple of the Incas, where you can gain an understanding of Inca culture and see how it has fused with Christian culture in Peru. After your tour of the city, head to the Sacsayhuaman archaeological site where you will be amazed by the rocks used for construction, some of which weigh more than 30 tons. Continue your tour with a visit to the underground temple of Qenqo, where you can stroll through a labyrinth of impressive rock carvings and tunnels carved into solid rock. Finally, head to the Tambomachay water temple. Here, admire the architecture of this divine temple dedicated to water, fertility and eternal youth before beginning the journey back to Cusco.
IncludesTour guide Transportation
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- Please carry local currency in order to pay for entrance to the sites
- You will need to purchase a tourist ticket in order to gain access to the sites visited
- The full tourist ticket is valid for 10 days and allows entry to 16 Inca sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- An alternative option is to buy a partial tourist ticket which is S/.70.00 Nuevos soles, this is valid for 1 day and will allow entry to all of the sites on the city tour