My Guide Website?
Cusco: Half-Day Historic City Tour9 Reviews
Striking and mystical, Cusco's streets, squares, and valleys are seeped in history. See fortresses, sacred spaces, and ruins while learning all about the ancient Incan Empire.
- Discover the Cathedral of Cusco, Qoricancha Museum, and more
- Visit the Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, and Tambomachay sites in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach
- Learn about the Incan history and culture in group tours of up to 20 people
- Relax — last-minute bookings are always available
DescriptionThe adventure begins at 1:00 PM with pick up from your Cusco hotel. Discover the Cathedral of Cusco, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, filled with various paintings, carvings, and sculptures, before exploring the Qoricancha Museum, originally an Inca-era temple built to worship the Sun. An air-conditioned coach will then take the group 2 km from the city center to Sacsayhuaman, a vast complex comprised of 33 archeological sites believed to have been built for military purposes. Next, stop at Qenqo, or “labyrinth”, considered to be a sacred place in which ceremonies were performed in honor of the Sun, the Moon, and the stars. Traveling 7 km from the city center we find Puca Pucara, a complex of halls, inner plazas, aqueducts, watchtowers, and paths believed to be a military complex and a place for food storage. After a visit to Tambomachay and its fresh water spring, the tour concludes with a visit to a craft center, where a local guide will tell the story of ancient Incan crafts and how to identify traditional garments made from vicuña wool. At approximately 7:30 PM, the coach will return to Santa Catalina Street, close to the main square in Cusco.
IncludesPick up from hotels in the city center Transportation Local guide
- The tour will be held rain or shine
- Entrance to the cathedral, Qoricancha Museum, and the tourist ticket are not included. They should be paid in local currency