My Guide Website?
Cusco: Private Pisco Sour Tasting and Making Experience1 Reviews
Get to know Peru through its flavors on this Cusco tour - the Pisco Sour! From market, to mixing, to the best part - consumption! - learn everything you possibly can about this legendary drink on this exciting tour.
- Get your mix on and learn to make the perfect Pisco Sour, like a true Peruvian local!
- Pick up the ultimate Peru souvenir – mastering the Pisco Sour!
- Explore the city’s bohemian side with a stroll through its main neighbourhood for artists
- Walk the ancient Inka streets of Cusco and admire the stunning architecture
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionBecome a pisco pro on this Cusco tour that will sharpen up your cocktail mixing skills, and help you to get to know local Peru culture at the same time. Because let’s face it, there are few better ways to get to know a nation’s culture than through its boozy creations! Meet your friendly local guide at Plaza San Blas, the bohemian area of Cusco and a place that has been the heart of the “fiesta” in Cusco since a long time ago! You’ll get to explore the square a bit as well as all the outstanding buildings that make this plaza one of the most beautiful ones in the city before officially beginning your Cusco tour. From there, you’ll wander along ancient streets to admire the dramatic Inca Walls, constructed of mammoth granite blocks, side-by-side with colonial buildings. It’s here that you’ll also get to see a famed Inca masterpiece, the 12-angle stone. Then it’s back to the order of the day: Pisco! As you wander through the city, your local guide will tell you all about traditional Pisco as well as fill you in on the distillation process, how this sour drink is made, and its place in Peruvian history. The first stop will be at a local bar where you can taste a few different flavors of Pisco, and learn how to prepare the Chilcano, a cocktail made with Pisco, which is a very famous drink among the locals. Finally, it’s your time to shine! Get your mixologist hat on and try your hand at making your very own pisco sour, using all the knowledge that you’ve picked up along the way on this Cusco city tour. And the best part? You get to drink it afterward — Salud!
IncludesLocal English speaking guide Tasting of 3 Piscos Pisco Sour lessons One Pisco Sour Tips on what else to see, do, and eat during your stay
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- Dress code: try to be casual but conservative in your dress. Outside of beach areas halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn. When visiting churches or religious sites shoulders and knees should be covered
- People under 18 years of age are not permitted on this tour