Cusco: Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley Tour with Meals7 Reviews
This full-day Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley hike is for people who want to see the spectacular colorful landscapes surrounding Ausangate Mountain. During the day tour you will have opportunities at different lookouts to stop and take amazing pictures.
- Be one of the first groups to Rainbow Mountain
- Explore the Red Valley
- Enjoy the panoramic views from different lookouts
- Experience the local flavors of Cusco during your breakfast and buffet lunch
DescriptionYour professional tour guide will pick you from your accommodation in Cusco between 4:00AM and 4:30AM. After a 2-hour drive, you will arrive in Cusipata where you will stop for breakfast and buy water and snacks for the trek. Following breakfast, you'll travel one more hour to the hike starting point, at 4,850 meters. From there you will start your 3.5-kilomter trek to Rainbow Mountain over both flat and uphill terrain. During your hike you will enjoy amazing views and encounters with wild alpacas, llamas, and vicuñas. Once you reach the top at 5,010 meters, you can make use of some free time to take a break, and if the weather is good, you will be able to enjoy views over Rainbow Mountain. You will then have the option to explore the Red Valley lookout, before beginning the easy part of your trek. You'll go downhill to the starting spot for another hour, where you will take transportation back to Cusipata where a local lunch will be waiting for you. Once you finish your buffet lunch you will travel back to Cusco, where you will arrive between 4:00PM and 5:00PM to Plaza de Armas.
IncludesHotel pickup Transportation Professional tour guide Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian options available) Entrance fees including the Rainbow Mountain Park (excluding Red Valley) Oxygen bottle 1 trekking pole (optional) First-aid kit Hotel drop-off Drinks Entrance fee to Red Valley (10 PEM) Horse (available to be rented) Gratuities
- Red Valley is a optional way back to your starting spot, this part of the trek you will do it by yourself after receiving recommendation from your guide (it is not recommended for people who cannot handle high altitude)
- You will need to climb 1.9 miles (3.5 kilometers) to reach the top of Rainbow Mountain; all participants should be in a relatively good physical condition
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves, as the first few hours of the tour will be very cool
- If for any reason you need to rent a horse, please know that the local partner does not manage these rentals and will not be involved in the process
- Sunglasses are mandatory to use throughout the hike • The local partner cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY