My Guide Website?
Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Tour with Meals286 Reviews
Hike Rainbow Mountain and see the colorful landscapes surrounding Ausangate Mountain on this guided day tour. Experience the mountain's incredible hues and take photos to last a lifetime.
- Be one of the first groups to Rainbow Mountain
- Enjoy the panoramic views from different lookouts
- Experience the local flavors of Cusco during your breakfast and buffet lunch
- Choose from a shared or private experience
DescriptionYour professional tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco between 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM. After a 2-hour drive, you will arrive in Cusipata where you will stop for breakfast and buy water and snacks for the trek. Following breakfast, you'll travel one more hour to the hike starting point, at 4,850 meters. From there you will start your 3.5-kilometer trek to Rainbow Mountain over both flat and uphill terrain. During your hike, you will enjoy amazing views and encounters with wild alpacas, llamas, and vicuñas. Once you reach the top at 5,010 meters, you can make use of some free time to take a break, and if the weather is good, you will be able to enjoy views over Rainbow Mountain. You'll go downhill to the starting spot for another hour. Then, take transportation back to Cusipata where a local lunch will be waiting for you. Once you finish your buffet lunch you will travel back to Cusco, where you will arrive between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM at Plaza de Armas.
IncludesHotel pickup Downtown drop-off Transportation Professional tour guide Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian options available) Oxygen bottle (for emergencies) 1 Wood stick (optional) First-aid kit
- Pickup service is included. It can take 30 to 45 minutes to pick up the group. If you are one of the first ones to be picked up, it might take some time to collect the entire group
- Climb 1.9 miles (3.5 km) to reach the top of Rainbow Mountain
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves
- If for any reason you need to rent a horse, the local partner doesn't manage these rentals and won't be involved in the process
- Sunglasses are mandatory to use throughout the hike • The local partner is not responsible for the change of weather conditions; choose the best day of departure based on research • The dirt road is not in the best conditions; the drive can produce altitude sickness. It's recommended to bring personal medicine or altitude pills
- Everyone walks at different speeds. The guide will be in different parts assisting the group
- During your trip, extra expenses like entrance fees, water, souvenir and others are only available to pay with cash and Peruvian soles