My Guide Website?
Cusco: Sacsayhuaman, San Blas, La Merced & Coricancha Tour
Get a glimpse into the great capital of the Incas. Unearth the rich history and heritage of the Inca Empire on this guided 4-hour tour.
- Head uphill to explore the mega fortress of Sacsayhuamán
- Visit the bohemian and artistic neighborhood of San Blas
- Walk the narrow, cobbled streets of San Blas and see its colonial houses
- Marvel at the religious complex of Coricancha
- Learn about the history of Cusco from your guide
DescriptionDiscover Sacsayhuamán, one of the emblematic buildings of the Incas, declared a Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. Delve deeper into the rich history and heritage of the Inca Empire with a visit to San Blas, La Merced and Coricancha. Meet your guide and start the tour of Sacsayhuamán, a citadel on the northern outskirts of Cusco. See the massive fortress walls built with large stones. Learn about its military significance for the Inca Empire from your guide. Admire the beauty of this archaeological site. Return to the city and explore the neighborhood of San Blas, originally inhabited by the Inca nobility. Today it is a conglomerate of beautiful cobbled streets and popular among artisans. Then, visit the Cathedral located in Main Square. Continue to the church of La Merced, a masterpiece of modern Baroque style. Marvel at its beautiful interior courtyard, carved wooden ceilings, and imposing altars. Finally, visit Coricancha. Discover the ancient Temple of the Sun, the sacred Convent of Santo Domingo and the colossal Cusco Cathedral. Learn how it became the basis for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent after the arrival of the Spanish.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Professional bilingual tour guide Touristic transportation Admissions to Cusco Cathedral, Coricancha and La Merced Church.
- Pickup is available from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center To visit Sacsayhuaman it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) Children must be accompanied by an adult Tip is not included Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator. People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other