My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Chinchero and Urquillos Full-Day Private Tour
Travel from Cusco and spend the day exploring traditional Andean villages on a private full-day hike in Peru's Sacred Valley.
- Visit Chinchero, a village located in Peru's Sacred Valley
- See the remnants of both Incan heritage and colonial rule
- Admire the picturesque views on a private guided hike from Chinchero to Urquillos
- View ancient agricultural terraces and colonial haciendas
DescriptionStart your Peruvian adventure with a convenient hotel pickup in Cusco and travel to the picturesque Inca village of Chinchero. Learn about the history and culture of this region, including the traditional textiles and craftwork. Visit the colonial chapel and view the Cusco School paintings inside. Then, leave Chinchero and start your hike towards Urquillos, a town located at 2,980 meters above sea level. Admire the impressive views and enjoy a delicious lunch along the way as you make your way to see the remnants of ancient agricultural terraces, a temple, and well-preserved colonial haciendas.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) Box Lunch First aid kit and oxygen
- Pickup is available from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center To visit Chinchero, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) The minimum age to walk is 12 years This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco downtown altitude) Walking distance: 4,9 miles / 8 km - Maximum altitude: Chinchero (12040 feet / 3670 m a.s.l.) Rates do not apply to Peruvians or foreign visitors whose stay in Peru exceeds 60 days as sales tax may be applied The use of face masks in public places is no longer mandatory due to a decrease in COVID infection in Peru. With the exception of health facilities, ground transportation services and closed spaces without ventilation. However, it is recommended that persons over 60 years of age who have received less than three doses of COVID continue to use the KN95 mask for preventive purposes.