My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Full-Day Tour to Apu Taqllo Mountain with Lunch
Join a private guided hike through the highlands of south-east Andes. Pass by Langui and Pomacanchi lagoons. Enjoy the colored mountain of Apu Taqllo.
- Take an unforgettable excursion to Apu Taqllo with private guide and transport
- Hike among the Peruvian highlands and learn from its intriguing history
- Lunch on the shores of the charming lagoon of Pomacanchi
DescriptionJoin an expert guide to be led through the highlands in the southeast Andes. Hike and see the unique colored lines of the Apu Taqllo mountain. Pass by the beautiful lagoons of Langui and Pomacanchi. Start your day with an early-morning pickup. Take a 3-hour scenic road trip until Sicuani. Continue the ride, passing through the gorgeous Pomacanchi and Langui lagoons, to get to the small town of Layo. Begin a 2-hour hike up to reach an altitude of 4790 meters. Follow your guide on the trail, learning about the lands and the unique history and folklore of its inhabitants. Finally, reach Pallay Punchu del Apu T’akllo, as the locals call it. Be rewarded with colored mountains with sharp points. These geological formations resemble an Andean poncho with hues such as red, brown, and magenta Take time to enjoy the view of the mountain. Click photos of the incredible landscape. Enjoy a view of Langui lagoon. Then, walk back to Layo and be whisked away for a scenic picnic. Enjoy lunch while enjoying the Pomacanchi lagoon from the shores. Finish the tour in the afternoon with a transfer back to your accommodation in Cusco.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Round-trip private transportation Professional guide Picnic lunch with local ingredients
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- It is recommended to be acclimatized before the tour in order to avoid altitude sickness
- Bring warm, wind and waterproof clothes, good hiking shoes, and rain gear during the rainy season (December to March)
- Vegetarian and vegan lunch options are available upon request at no extra charge
- There will be scheduled stops where you can buy breakfast during the tour