My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Half-Day Private Tour to Maras and Moray
Discover the mysterious otherwordly Inca terraces at Moray and the Maras salt mines on this private half-day tour from Cusco.
- Explore Maras, a salt extraction center that has been operating since the time of the Incas.
- They are large deposits of salt used for exchange for other products with other regions of the empire.
- Admire Moray, an enormous construction of concentric circles that worked as an agricultural laboratory.
- Some investigators say that Moray would be an agricultural research center.
DescriptionDepart after breakfast at the hotel, heading along the Sacred Valley towards the archaeological site of Moray, approximately an hour and a half away. As with many Inca ruins, its exact function remains a mystery though the design of ever-wider concentric circular terraces meant each level had a different microclimate. Continue to Maras, where the salt ponds create a dazzling scene. The thousands of small ponds give work to and help feed many local families. During Inca times, the salt deposits were an important economic center and of great value to the imperial economy. After the tour, transfer back to your hotel.
IncludesPickup and drop-off. Touristic transportation. Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish). Admission to Maras.
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center
- To visit Moray, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC).
- Note: The visit to Maras is subject to changes during the months of December to March due to weather reasons (rainy season).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other (surgical mask, cloth mask, or two surgical masks on top)