From Cusco: Palccoyo Alternative Rainbow Mountain Day Trek10 Reviews
Enjoy an alternative hike through the stunning landscape surrounding Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain. Benefit from hotel pickup and drop off, leaving you well rested to make the most of a gentle hike through spectacular and colorful scenery.
- Enjoy a hike through the stunning landscape of Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
- Explore the colorful scenery and make the most of fantastic photo opportunities
- Benefit from hotel pick-up and drop off
DescriptionEnjoy a more leisurely hike and experience the stunning Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain with this full-day hiking excursion from Cusco. After being picked up from your hotel in a private minivan, you will set off from Cusco towards Rainbow Mountain. Drive through quaint traditional villages and take in fantastic views of the Andes as you travel. Once you've arrived at your drop-off location, you will begin your hike through the stunning landscape surrounding Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain. The route is perfect for families or anyone who enjoys hiking, but who wants to avoid a strenuous 6-hour hike! After around half an hour of walking you will reach Tres Rainbows, where you can enjoy spectacular views over the entire region and of the Ausangate Glacier. Make the most of some free time to explore the area and take some amazing photographs of the colourful mountains. Following an exhilarating day, sit back and relax as you are transferred back to Cusco.
IncludesPickup from centrally located hotels in Cusco Professional tour guide (English/Spanish) Breakfast Lunch (vegetarian options available) First aid kit Polar blanket Communication radios Entrance tickets Drinks Meals (not specified in the itinerary)
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, a sun hat, warm clothing (long sleeved shirt and a sweater), a waterproof jacket or raincoat, lip balm and bug repellent •The Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain hike is considered moderate in difficulty so it’s highly recommended for you to be in good physical condition
- It is also important that you spend some days in Cusco before going to the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, so your body acclimates to the high altitude
- It is recommended that you bring snacks and potable water with you
- It is recommended that you bring some local currency with you as there could be some places on site that don't accept credit cards
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY