My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Palcoyo Mountain Range Full Day Hike1 Reviews
Travel to the Palcoyo Mountain Range and enjoy hiking a moderate-level and accessible trail. Take in scenic views and admire the natural formation of minerals giving the mountains their colorful hues.
- Get to the top of the mountain with a moderate-level trail with few slopes
- Take in the surrounding scenery of snowcapped mountains
- Appreciate the calm atmosphere hiking Palcoyo Mountain
DescriptionThe adventure begins with a transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the starting point of the trek to the impressive Palcoyo mountain range. Alike Vinicunca, the 7-colour mountain, Palcoyo acquires its colouration due to minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, among others, accumulated over millions of years, which now offer a visual spectacle. Unlike Vinicunca, the arrival to the Palcoyo mountain range is of a moderate and accessible level since it is a walk without great slopes, reaching a maximum elevation of 4,900 metres above sea level. Upon arrival, enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain range and take a few minutes to appreciate the surroundings calmly thanks to the lower traffic of visitors in the area. After this visit, start the descent and enjoy a picnic-lunch while continuing to enjoy the view. When finished, you are transferred back to your hotel in Cusco.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English) Admission to Palcoyo Mineral water bottle Box brunch 01 trekking stick per person black diamond. First aid kit
- Roundtrip transportation is available from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center
- This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco)
- Maximum altitude: Palcoyo 16000 feet | 4880 m a.s.l.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips and souvenirs.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator. The maximum altitude of Palcoyo is 16000 feet or 4880 meters above sea level
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other