My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Full Day Trek with Meals169 Reviews
Get back to nature on a 2-hour and approximately 6-kilometer hike in the Rainbow Mountains and look for local wildlife on a full-day tour from Cusco. Encounter endless extraordinary landscapes with a knowledgeable guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike in the spectacular Rainbow Mountains
- Look for exotic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Trek with like-minded travelers to a magnificent viewpoint
- Witness the awe-inspiring beauty of Rainbow Mountain's vibrant and surreal color
DescriptionDepart Cusco and get back to nature on a vigorous approximately 6-kilometer hike in the Andes. Experience the majestic beauty of the Rainbow Mountains as you trek in the foothills of Mount Ausangate. Keep a look out for native wildlife, such as the mighty condor - the largest bird in the world - pumas and different types of camelids. Learn more about the extraordinary geology and the flora and fauna of Peru from your knowledgeable guide. Soak up the stunning views before you return to Cusco for a refreshing cold chicha drink (a fermented or non-fermented beverage usually derived from maize).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Transportation Breakfast Buffet lunch Guide Entrance tickets (if option is selected)
- • This activity includes a considerable amount of walking at high altitude. Horses are available to be rented for part of the trip to help you up the mountain. Please note that the local partner does not offer this service, it must be arranged privately. Horses will take you to 200 meters from the top, then you will finish the climb. Price: 70 to 90 Soles, round-trip, cash only. • The total walk up and down the mountain takes about 3 hours. •The trek is mostly flat, except for the ascent to the top, where it is very steep. • Please note that due to the remoteness of the places, meals may be very simple. Both are offered as a courtesy as there are very limited options. Please do not expect luxury.