My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Sacred Valley of the Incas Full-Day Tour25 Reviews
Explore Urubamba in the Sacred Valley of the Incas on this full-day tour from Cusco. Visit the ancient ruins and the artisan market in the village of Pisac, see the Ollantaytambo Fortress, and explore the traditional market of Chinchero.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the ancient ruins in the village of Pisac
- See the traditional products on sale at the market in Pisac
- Explore the ruins in Ollantaytambo
- Visit the traditional market of Chinchero
- Meet an expert Andean weaver who will demonstrate techniques that date back to pre-Columbian times
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day excursion from Cusco to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will first explore the village and the ruins of Pisac, founded during the colonial times at the foot of a hill crowned by the remains of an Incan city. In the main square you can see the market on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, where locals barter their products and artisans from all over the area sell their woven alpaca wool blankets and ponchos, engraved gourdes, antique reproductions, jewelry, and other handicrafts. Next, you'll continue the uphill road to explore the ancient ruins of Pisaq; marvel around the perfectly built houses and temples and enjoy outstanding views over the Valley from the lookouts. After lunch you will visit Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town which was not overthrown by the conquistadores. Here you can explore the ruins which tower above the town. In the late afternoon you will return to Cusco, visiting the traditional market of Chinchero en-route.
IncludesPickup from downtown hotels only Transportation Professional guide
- The local partner reserves the right to make changes in the schedule of the trip without prior notice due to changes in climate conditions, river water levels, flight or bus arrival and departure times, or any other unforeseeable reason that may develop in order to make the best of the trip
- You can finish the activity in Cusco City or in Ollantaytambo, where you can continue your trip to connect to Machu Picchu