My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Tipón, Pikillacta & Andahuaylillas Private Tour
See terraces and aqueducts built over 500 years ago in Tipon and explore the archeological site of the Wari people in Piquillacta on a guided day tour.
- Marvel at the Inca-era elaborate agricultural terraces of Tipon
- Visit the well-preserved Wari city of Pikillacta, predating the Inca
- See glorious frescoes & ornamentation in Andahuaylillas's baroque church
- Enjoy striking natural landscapes and mesmerizing Inca architecture
DescriptionExplore the archaeological sites of Tipón and Pikillacta from Cusco. Visit the quaint town of Andahuaylillas on this private day trip. Be led to little-known villages and historic ruins by an expert guide. Start your journey in Tipón, a perfectly preserved archaeological site, 27 kilometers away from Cusco. Explore Tipón's impressive rural colony mansion. Marvel at the 12 agricultural terraces that are still cultivated with an irrigation system. This masterpiece of hydraulic engineering of the Incas serves the surrounding population to date. Continue your tour to Pikillacta, built by the Wari people. See one of the best-preserved pre-Inca sites of Peru. Learn about its archaeological importance. Among its 700 structures, spread over 3000 hectares, you can see stone and mud buildings, distinct terrace work, and the head of a condor carved in a rock. Finally, pay a visit to Andahuaylillas and its landmark attraction, the Church of Andahuaylillas. Admire the impressive quality of the art pieces in this baroque church. Gaze at the mural paintings and altars decorated in gold. It houses an original pipe organ, a result of recent restorations. After a busy day of sightseeing, relax on the way back to your accommodation in Cusco.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Professional bilingual tour guide Touristic transportation Admission to Andahuaylillas church
- Pickup is available from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center
- To visit Tipón and Pikillaqta sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gratuity is not included.
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other