My Guide Website?
From Paracas or Pisco: Ballestas Islands Private Boat Trip
Get up close with the marine and birdlife that inhabit the waters and rocky shores of Peru during a guided day trip to the Ballestas Islands, stopping to see the Candelabra geoglyph.
- Feel the wind in your hair as you cruise west from the tiny beach town of Paracas
- Uncover the mystery of the geoglyphs carved into the Paracas Candelabra hills
- Speedboat out to the Ballestas Islands, a little-known gem off the coast of Peru
- Spot a wealth of wildlife like penguins, sea lions, Inca terns, and dolphins
- Gaze upon the diverse marine life residing in the islands' many caves and arches
DescriptionA protected habitat for the rich array of birds and animals that call these islands home, Ballestas is one of Peru’s natural treasures. See the islands up close on a speedboat tour around the shores. Make a stop at the Paracas Peninsula to observe the Candelabra glyph. After a convenient hotel pickup from Paracas or Pisco, head to the Marina Turistica to start your island adventure. Board a private speedboat with your guide, and jet out onto the sea towards the stunning Ballestas. Along the way, stop at the seaside hill of Paracas Peninsula to see the Candelabra, an enigmatic pre-historic glyph etched into the side of the island—whose purpose, and creator, remain a mystery to this day. Afterward, continue towards the marine sanctuary of Ballestas. Gaze upon the rocky shores, filled to the brim with sunbathing seals. Watch penguins dive into the turbid waters to hunt underneath the surface—all alongside other beautiful creatures, like pelicans, and blue-footed boobies. After an exclusive tour of the islands tailored for just you and your group, be taken back to your hotel or be dropped off around Paracas.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Paracas and Pisco Private boat tour Life jacket Guide
- Entrance to Ballestas Islands costs 16 Peruvian Soles and is to be paid locally at the harbor main gate in cash If you plan to take the tour after 1:00 PM, it is suggested that you have lunch after the activity