My Guide Website?
From Puerto Maldonado: 2-Day Tambopata Rainforest Tour1 Reviews
Travel through the jungle on foot and by canoe. Visit Lake Sandoval for reptile spotting and Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick for tropical birds. Enjoy an overnight stay on the Tambopata river with dinner.
- Feel closer to nature on a tour through Peru's tropical rainforest
- Witness hundreds of colorful parrots at Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick
- Float through flooded forests and rivers in a traditional dugout canoe
- Enjoy the view of Tambopata River from your overnight accommodation
- Spot different species of birds and monkeys, reptiles, and jaguars
- Savor the taste of dinner while relaxing in the heart of nature
DescriptionGet in touch with your wild side on this two-day tour of Tambopata National Reserve. Trek, canoe, and be driven to popular wildlife zones for a chance to see reptiles and multicolored parrots, and even a big cat. Enjoy dinner at your overnight accommodation with panoramic views of Tambopata river. Start the tour with a 3km walk to Lake Sandoval in the heart of the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest. Navigate by dugout canoe around the oxbow lake and learn about the tropical ecosystem. This is also the prime time to spot black caimans, large otters, monkeys, and Paiche. Follow the setting sun to your accommodation on the Tambopata River. The impressive views will pair well with your evening meal. The next day, the adventure continues with a trip to Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick. This show-stopping congregation of parrots is one of the largest—and noisiest— in the world. Return to your accommodation in Puerto Maldonado but not before taking a short detour to try and catch a glimpse of the elusive Peruvian Jaguar. Return home feeling closer to nature.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bilingual tour guide Entrance tickets Meals
- On day 1, the tour is from 12:30pm to 6pm. Day 2 of the tour begins at 3am Meals are provided at scheduled times during the tour