My Guide Website?
From Puno to La Paz: Copacabana and Isla del Sol Boat Tour
Enjoy a full-day journey from Puno. Set off on the road to Copacabana and then sail across the Lake Titicaca to explore the legendary Sun Island, the famous birthplace of the Incas. End in La Paz city in Bolivia.
- Travel alongside Lake Titicaca on your way from Puno to La Paz
- Visit the beautiful Sanctuary of the Virgin of Copacabana
- Cruise to Sun Island on a catamaran
- Discover the wonders of the Inti Wata Cultural Complex
- Get dropped off at La Paz bus terminal in Bolivia, from where you can easily continue your trip around South America
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Puno at 6:30 AM for a quick transfer to the city bus station. Travel by road alongside Lake Titicaca towards the Bolivian side of the border until your reach Copacabana, admiring stunning shoreline views over quintessential Altiplano landscapes. Make a brief visit to the beautiful Sanctuary of the Virgin of Copacabana before boarding a catamaran to begin your cruise to Sun Island, the cradle of the Inca Empire. Once at this legendary island, visit the Inca palace at Pilko Kaina, followed by the Inca Garden located on top of the Island. Continue to explore Inti Wata Cultural Complex, the main private tourist attraction in Bolivia, that includes the underground Museum of Ekako, various centers of traditional medicine, Titikaka Reed Shipbuilders display centers, the Pachamama Agricultural Inca Terraces, a craft center, the Intica lounge, and a vast array of Andean camelids in the Manco Capac lookout. While at the complex, you can take an optional sailing experience on a huge traditional Titicaca vessel and admire panoramic views of the Pilko Kaina Inca palace. Afterwards, board the catamaran once more and continue on to Copacabana while enjoying the majestic panorama of Lake Titicaca. Finally, board the bus and get dropped off in La Paz at around 7:30 PM.
IncludesPickup from hotels in downtown Puno Drop-off at La Paz bus terminal All entrance fees English/Spanish-speaking guide Transportation by bus and catamaran Food and drinks Gratuities
- The tour involves passing border control at Kasani. Please make sure you have a visa to enter Bolivia if needed (some may not require it)
- The tour of Sun Island is entirely private
- Transportation from Puno to Copacabana and La Paz is by bus
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now