My Guide Website?
From Puno: Uros Islands and Taquile Island Full Day Tour274 Reviews
Two activities in one full day. Visit the floating islands of the indigenous Uros people, then sail to Taquile Island and meet the local people to learn more about their traditions, with views of Lake Titicaca's spectacular scenery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the manmade floating islands of the Uros people
- Take in the scenic splendor of Lake Titicaca
- Sample some of the local food
- Meet and interact with the indigenous people, and learn more about life on the lake
DescriptionDepart Puno and journey to the floating islands of the Uros people on Lake Titicaca. Find out about how these islands are created by the locals using bundles of dried totora reeds. Learn the history of the area and interact with the locals to hear more about their life out on the water. Then, cruise over to Taquile Island in the largest part of Lake Titicaca. Experience life on the lake up close and get some stunning views of the Andes Mountains as a bonus. Hear about the inhabitants of Taquile Island and how they descended from the Inca people to mostly work as farmers and weavers, and how they have inherited some distinct Inca traditions. Go for a medium-level hike on the island, known for its handwoven art and collective farms, and enjoy a lunch of local produce served in a local restaurant. Then, return to Puno city on the shore of the lake for the end of the tour services.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your hotel (downtown Puno only) Entrance fees to the floating islands and Taquile island Bilingual guide (English and Spanish) Lunch Transportation by regular boat or by speedboat (if option selected)
- A vegetarian lunch option is available on request
- Please note that the visit to Taquile Island involves a medium-level amount of hiking
- Waterproof clothes if travelling during the months: January, February and March