From Puno: Uros Islands Half-Day Tour7 Reviews
Learn about the culture and historic legacy of the indigenous Uros people. This half-day experience will give you the opportunity to visit this small community located on the Peruvian side of the highest navigable lake in the world, Titicaca Lake.
- Visit this ancestral community located on the highest lake in the world
- Learn about the local traditions that date from hundreds of years ago
- Walk on the islands that are constructed from weaved totora
DescriptionDepart from Puno's lake port to the floating islands of the Uros to begin your half-day tour. This site is home to an ancestral society that inhabits a series of artificial islands. It takes around 30 minutes to arrive at the islands. The islands are constructed from totora. It is collected from the places where it grows thick and weaved to form a natural layer. Even though the ground feels soft, the plant is very resistant and there is no risk when you walk on the layers. The Uros inhabitants also build their homes from this material. People from this island descend from the earliest inhabitants of Lake Titicaca called Aymaras. They have maintained their traditional customs for many hundreds of years. Meet the local people who will kindly welcome you and show you around. See their typical clothing learn about their customs.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from select hotels in Puno Professional tour guide who speaks Spanish and English Transportation by boat Entrance fee to the islands Food or drink
- Please advise your arrival date and the name and address of your accommodation in Puno in order to organize your transportation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Rates don't apply for Peruvians or foreign persons who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local partner
- Travelers are required to have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR. The test or certificate must be issued within 72 hours before boarding.
- Upon arrival in Perú, travelers must take an antigen test ordered by the Peruvian government. Travelers will bear the cost of the test at the destination. This rule declares that passengers with negative antigen test results for COVID-19 don't have to go into quarantine.
- In the event that travelers do not take the antigen test, they will not be able to do scheduled tours in Peru, or if the result is positive, they must enter mandatory isolation.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY