My Guide Website?
From Trujillo: Sun & Moon Huacas, Chan Chan & Huanchaco
Do not miss the chance to discover impressive archaeological complexes in the north of Peru, with our Sun & Moon Huacas, Chan Chan and Huanchaco Archeological Complex Day Tour from Trujillo.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Full day tour to archaeological sites in Trujillo
- Learn about ancient civilizations from professional guides
- Get to know one of the World's Heritage Sites.
- Visit Chan Chan, the largest mud city in the world
- Visit to a traditional workshop of a local Moche family
DescriptionEarly in the morning, a guide will pick you up from your hotel, and take you to explore the Moche Valley, located in the northern of Peru, and is the place where the pre-Inca Moche and Chimú cultures emerged. We will start at the Sun & Moon Huacas, which includes two large truncated pyramids, the Huaca Las Estrellas, Huaca del Cerro Blanco, the geoglyph of the Spider, and others buildings located in front of Cerro Blanco and near the Moche River. Then, you will stop in a traditional workshop of a traditional Moche family. After visiting the pyramids, you will visit Chan Chan archaeological zone and the Nik-An Palace, the largest mud city in the world and most populated on the north coast among the 600 and 700 AD. Then, you will have lunch at a local restaurant in the fishermen`s spa of Huanchaco, and its famous Totora horses. Then, you will be taken back to your hotel. The Sun Huaca was used as a political-administrative center, and the Moon Huaca as a ceremonial temple. Located in the Moche Valley in the coastal desert near Trujillo, these archaeological complexes were built by the Moche civilizations. The Huaca del Dragon was a religious monument, administrative and ceremonial center, and it has amazing murals. Chan Chan is a pre-Columbian adobe city, and it was declared as a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1986.
IncludesTransfers in hotels located in the center of Trujillo Guide in Spanish / English Lunch on full-day tours Entrance tickets
- Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by 2 paying adults. This activity is suitable for all ages. You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain. At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Children 1 and younger are complimentary. Rates for holidays: January 1st, Easter, May 1st, July 28th and 29th, December 24th, 25th and 31st.