My Guide Website?
Half-Day Uros Floating Islands Tour from Puno8 Reviews
Explore the amazing floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca by boat on a half-day tour. Learn more about the artificial islands, crafted from the reeds by the indigenous Uru people.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Walk on the unique floating islands of Uros
- Cruise across beautiful Lake Titicaca
- Learn about the way of life of the Uru people
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up at your hotel, and then climb aboard a motor boat in Puno. Cross Lake Titicaca – the highest navigable lake in the world - and journey amongst the reeds to the artificial islands of Uros. Discover more than 60 man-made floating islands inhabited by the indigenous Uru people. In recent times they have made more contact with mainland culture, but still hunt birds and fish as part of their main activities. Step onto these incredible reed platforms and get in touch with an authentic culture. Observe the different inhabited reed islands of the archipelago from the water and take a guided tour of 2 or 3 of the islands aboard a traditional reed raft (optional) before returning to Puno.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Entrances to the islands Transportation by boat Professional guide
- Please bring your ID
- It is recommended that you bring snacks
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring a poncho in case it rains, gloves, a sweater, hiking trousers, a long-sleeve shirt, a hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Bring a camera and a water bottle