My Guide Website?
Huaraz: Full-day Tour to Lake Parón with Optional Lunch2 Reviews
Visit Huascarán National Park on this day trip with an optional lunch. Have a scenic view of Lake Parón and its surrounding towering mountains from a lookout point.
- Embark on a journey from Huaraz to Lake Parón in the Andes
- Reach heights of more than 13,500 feet to reach the glacial lake
- Admire panoramic views of the mountain scenery
- Visit the towns of Carhuaz, Marcara and Caraz, full of character and local charm
DescriptionDeparting from Huaraz city, you’ll head to the northern part of the Callejón de Huaylas. When arriving at Carhuaz, you’ll make a small stop to buy breakfast and snacks for the road. Drive through the landscapes and cities of the scenic Huaylas valley, with the Santa River meandering through it. Head to a lookout point for a panoramic view of the Cordillera Blanca, and the snowy mountains of Huandoy Huascarán and Chopicalqui. Then, continue through Marcara, a city characterized by its traditional customs and clothing. Visit the main square and the San Pedro church. The route continues to the ancient city of Yungay, which was buried by an avalanche during the earthquake of May 1970. Next, head to Lake Parón, the highlight of the day. Be amazed by the turquoise blue lake, surrounded by glacial peaks that rise to over 6,000 meters (19,700 feet). Lake Parón is one of the largest lakes in the Cordillera Blanca. If you choose the private option, you will enjoy a stop for lunch overlooking the lake. The last stop will be at Caraz, where you can see the Plaza de Armas, the city’s famous candy stores and other main sites. You will then return to your hotel in Huaraz.
IncludesHotel pickup Lunchbox by the lake (if private option selected)
- The lunch table by the lake is only included in the private service option
- The regular option does not include a lunch stop in order to maximize your time by the lake, so it is recommended that you bring your own snacks.