My Guide Website?
Huaraz: Llanganuco Lake Day Trip
Take in some of Peru’s most beautiful natural scenery. Explore traditional towns, the Callejón de Huaylas wilderness, and the remote Llanganuco Valley.
- Explore Llanganuco Lake with transportation and park fees included
- Discover scenic towns such as Campo Santo and Carhuaz
- Enjoy free time to walk around Llanganuco Lake at your own pace
- Take advantage of hassle-free round-trip transportation from your Huaraz hotel
DescriptionDeparting from Huaraz city, you’ll head to the northern part of the Callejón de Huaylas. When arriving at Carhuaz, you will visit its principal church and the main square. You will also have the chance to try the local-style ice cream prepared with fruits typical of the area. The route continues to the ancient city of Yungay, which was buried by an avalanche during the earthquake of May 1970. Next, head to the Huascarán National Park via Quebrada de Llanganuco. Here, you will make a stop at the Llanganuco lagoons. The first lake, Chinancocha, is located at the foot of Mount Huascaran. It is characterized by the intense green turquoise color of its waters and the thick forests that grow on its shores. The other smaller lake, called Orconcocha, is located at the end of the glacier valley, and its waters are light blue. If you choose the private option, you will enjoy a stop for lunch overlooking the lake. If you choose the shared option, a stop will be made at a local restaurant where you can buy lunch. The last stop will be in Tarica to see the local handicrafts. You will then return to your hotel in Huaraz.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Lunch (if option selected)
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- If you choose the shared tour, a stop for lunch will be made, where a lunch is around 15 soles per person