Iquitos: 6-Hour Amazon River Tour w/ Belén & Butterfly Farm
Explore the best of Iquitos on the Belen floating village, a colorful market with exotic local products. Marvel at the meeting of black and white water in the Amazon River. Visit the wild animal rescue center and a butterfly farm on this 6-hour trip.
- Feel the mighty Amazon River as you float through it
- Discover the famous Belen market and floating village
- Explore Pilpintuwasi, a butterfly farm
- See the wild animal rescue center and learn about the work being done for rehabilitation of endangered wildlife
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Iquitos in the morning, and begin your day with a visit to the Rescue Center Amazon, CREA Iquitos. This foundation develops programs that rescue, rehabilitate, and release aquatic mammals and endangered wildlife, particularly the Amazonian manatee. Head then to Belen, and discover magical colors of the fruits, vegetables, and fish found only in the Amazon. Experience how locals live in the largest floating shantytown village. From Belen, embark on the biggest and most powerful river on earth: the Amazon River. Occasionally pink and gray dolphins are seen. Finally, visit Pilpintuwasi, a butterfly farm, where you'll discover the life cycles and breeding habits of these beautiful creatures.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Iquitos Transport by boat Bilingual guide in English/Spanish Picnic lunch and bottled water Entrance fee to protected areas Food and drinks not listed Personal expenses Optional gratuities
- • It is recommended that you bring local currency, Peruvian Soles, for personal purchases • Activities may be changed depending on the Amazon River water level • This is a non-invasive tour, so make sure you ask for permission before taking photos of the locals
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability