My Guide Website?
Lima: Cathedral, San Francisco, & Larco Museum Private Tour
Immerse yourself in the pre-Hispanic, colonial, and modern history of Lima on this private tour. Encounter buildings from the pre-colonial era all the way through to today and visit the Larco Museum.
- Stroll through the beautiful historic center of Lima, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- Visit one of the oldest viceregal destinations
- San Francisco church has an enviable collection of old books and an authentic network of catacombs
- Explore the Larco Museum, considered as one of the best museums in the world
- Have an enjoyable time in an 18th-century vice-royal building at Museo Larco
DescriptionTransfer to parque del Amor in Miraflores. Its central part exhibits a sculpture dedicated to love. Proceed to enjoy a panoramic view of the archaeological site of Huaca Pucllana that operated between centuries V - VIII AD. After that, visit the Historic Center of Lima. Admire the Plaza Mayor, the Archbishop of Lima, and the Government Palace and its magnificent bronze fountain dating from 1650. Continue to the convent of San Francisco, a masterpiece of colonial architecture where you can appreciate the beauty of its monastic cloisters and remarkable paintings. In the underground galleries are impressive catacombs. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant on your own. Finally visit the Larco Herrera Museum, a colonial mansion built in the eighteenth century that has an extensive collection of ceramics from pre-columbian art and textiles worked with materials and tools used by the ancient Peruvians, as well as gold and silver pieces with semiprecious stones. Return to the hotel.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Touristic transportation Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) Admission to Cathedral, San Francisco church, and Larco Museum
- Pick-up is available from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and the historic Center of Lima.
- The Cathedral is closed on Sunday morning. In replacement, you will visit the Santo Domingo church.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- The use of face masks in public places is no longer mandatory due to a decrease in COVID infection in Peru. With the exception of health facilities, ground transportation services and closed spaces without ventilation. However, it is recommended that persons over 60 years of age who have received less than three doses of COVID continue to use the KN95 mask for preventive purposes.