My Guide Website?
Lima: Private Culinary Tour and Larco Museum
Explore a traditional Peruvian market. Discover more than 5,000 years of the history of ancient Peru and learn about relationships with pre-Columbian societies.
- Chance to visit a market to sample taste exotic fruit.
- Surquillo Market showcases a wide variety of produce & goods.
- Admire and enjoy the culinary art of our chefs.
- Have an enjoyable time in an 18th-century vice-royal building.
- Explore the Larco Museum, chosen as one of the best museumsin the world
DescriptionA transportation service will pick you up from your hotel in the morning to transfer you to the wholesale fruit market, which houses the treasures of the coast, highlands, and jungle. Head to the Surquillo market, located on the border between the district and Miraflores. This market offers a great variety of vegetables and fruit, plus lots of fresh aromatic herbs, such as dill, marjoram, and others. You will then go to the traditional Pueblo Libre district to visit the Larco Museum. Founded by Rafael Larco Hoyle in 1926, the Museum is located inside a viceregal mansion built on a pre-Columbian pyramid from the 7th Century. It houses the most complete pre-Hispanic collection of gold and silver artifacts as well pieces of erotic art. Over 45,000 archaeological artifacts bear witness to over five thousand years of Peruvian history. Later on, you will enjoy a demonstration of Peruvian food and a Creole lunch that will enable you to taste a variety of national dishes. You will be transferred back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Transportation Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) Admission to Larco Museum Lunch
- Pick up from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro and Historic Centre of Lima.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign travelers whose stay in Peru exceeds 60 days, because sales taxes are not included in the total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact the local partner days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up
- The use of face masks in public places is no longer mandatory due to a decrease in COVID infection in Peru. With the exception of health facilities, ground transportation services and closed spaces without ventilation. However, it is recommended that persons over 60 years of age who have received less than three doses of COVID continue to use the KN95 mask for preventive purposes.