My Guide Website?
Local Market & Participative Cooking Class at Urban Kitchen
Enjoy a unique gastronomic experience with chefs who specialize in Peruvian food, starting at a farmers market and ending with a private cooking class and lunch.
- Visit a local market and choose the ingredients you will use in your cooking class
- Learn about the flavours of each food and the role they play in Peruvian gastronomy
- Get to work in a private cooking class where you will prepare typical dishes
- Finish the experience enjoying the meals you made
DescriptionYou will be transferred from your hotel to the farmers market of San Isidro, where the day’s culinary experience begins. There, you will discover the stands and main ingredients used in Peruvian cooking, accompanied by a Peruvian chef. Learn about the flavours locals love the most, and take in the aromas and flavours around you. After exploring the market and all it has to offer, you will be transferred to Urban Kitchen to take part in a cooking lesson, where a chef will demonstrate local delicacies for you to make. After this fun experience, you can enjoy the delicious dishes prepared in class. Finally, you will return to the hotel and take your learnings home to prepare Peruvian food whenever you like.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your hotel Transportation between sites on the tour Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) Kitchen aprons Cookbook Lunch
- Pickup is available from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro, and the Historic Centre of Lima
- This activity does not include pickup from private residences and Airbnbs. If you staying in such please contact the activity provider prior to the start of the tour in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pickup
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other (surgical mask, cloth mask, or two surgical masks on top).