My Guide Website?
Machu Picchu: 2-Day Group Tour of the Inca Trail26 Reviews
Enjoy a unique opportunity to experience a shorter version of the Classic Inca Trail that features its main attractions. The trek combines highlights from the original Inca Trail and a sunset and sunrise visit to Machu Pichu.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Return to Machu Picchu twice - for the sunset and for the sunrise
- Interact and learn with experienced tour guides
- Visit the cloud forest around Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna
- Learn about the history of the Incas with a live commentary
- Enjoy a return trip on the panoramic Vistadome train
DescriptionDay 1: Cusco to Machu Picchu Pueblo Start your adventure bright and early and meet your guide at your accommodation. After a short drive to Ollantaytambo, you will set off on a 1.5-hour train ride to Chachabamba, taking in the scenery of the Urubamba river along the way. From the checkpoint at Chachabamba, you will start your trekking experience. Visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba and Wiñay Huayna and take in the variety of flora and fauna. Enter Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate, and from here, you can take in one of the most spectacular views of the Lost City of the Incas. Arrive in Machu Picchu late in the afternoon and have the unique opportunity to see the city almost empty. After a short bus ride to your hotel, you can enjoy a relaxed end to the day with dinner and a night of comfortable sleep. Day 2: Machu Picchu to Cusco After another early start, you will prepare to visit Machu Picchu, the tour's highlight. Board your bus just as the sun rises. Your guide will take you on a 2 to 3-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore independently. You also have the option to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu back to Aguas Calientes and then take the Panoramic Vistadome train and bus back to Cusco. After a full day of sightseeing, you will be conveniently shuttled back to your accommodation for a relaxing end to your Inca exploring adventure.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your hotel Pre-departure briefing on the night prior to your trek at 6:00 PM All transportation including train tickets One night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes Lunch on day 1 Return on the Vistadome Panoramic train English-speaking tour guides A second guide for groups of larger than 8 people All entrance tickets and permits First aid kit All taxes
- Dietary options available
- Children must be acompanied by and adult
- Passport details needed at the time of Booking
- Your backpack must not exceed 25L due to local regulations at the site of Machu Picchu. Backpacks that exceed this limit will not be allowed in
- Hiking boots (light, comfortable and broken in), good quality daypack, 2-litre water storage, hiking pants/trousers, a change of clothes for Machu Picchu, undergarments, hiking socks, rain gear and a warm layer is recommended
- A valid passport must be shown at the Chachabamba checkpoint for entry (copies will not be accepted)
- An immigration card will be given to you on the plane as you enter Peru
- You must possess a valid student card if you booked as a student