Cusco: Half-Day City Tour10 Reviews
Striking and natural, Cusco's history lives in its streets, squares, valleys and towns. See ancient temples, sacred spaces and ruins in the city of Cusco — the birthplace of the world.
- See stunning destinations and examples of fine engineering by Inca stonemasons
- Start your tour with a visit to the Basilica Cathedral, built in 1560
- Visit many ancient temples and sites where civilization began
DescriptionStart your tour with pickup from your Cusco hotel. On this half-day trip you’ll stop at Qenqo Temple, a natural rock formation that became a ceremonial center. See Puca Pucara, a site of military ruins, and the remains of guard posts, staircases, streets, houses and courtyards. Carry on to Sacsayhuaman, which chroniclers believe was a solar shrine built by the last dynasties of the Incas. This temple was built with large blocks of limestone to protect the city from the attacks of invaders from the East or Antis. Finally, visit Tambomachay, located 9 kilometers outside of the city, known as the baths of the Incas because of the shape of its water source. This site could also have been a temple dedicated to the cult of water and purification. With afternoon departures, you’ll also have the chance to visit the UNESCO-listed Basilica Cathedral and the temple of Coricancha. The temple’s perfect architecture and stone construction reflect the fact that it was the most important temple of the Inca empire.
IncludesTourist transportation Professional guided tour in Spanish or English Entrance fee to the cathedral (25 soles) Entrance fee to Coricancha (15 soles) Tourist ticket for archaeological sites outside the city (70 soles) Tips (optional)
- During the morning tours only the following 4 archaeological sites are visited: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay. Visits to the cathedral and Coricancha are not included.
- It is recommended that you wear long pants, bring a sun hat and water
- Bring a waterproof jacket or raincoat
- Wear sunscreen with 30 sun protection factor or more
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability