From Arequipa: Colca Canyon Two-Day Tour
Explore the countryside of Arequipa on a two-day tour that ends with an outstanding visit to the Colca Canyon, which is one of the deepest canyons in the world. Enjoy beautiful views of the mountains and vast fields along the way.
- Explore one of the deepest canyons in the world
- Marvel at the spectacular flight of the condor
- See llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas in their natural habitat
DescriptionOn the first day, you will be transferred out of the city via Yura to enter the Pampa Cañahuas Reserve, which is an extensive plain where you can see vicuñas, the beautiful Andean camelid and national symbol. Then you will continue to Vizcachani, up to the crater of the Chucura volcano and on to Los Andes Viewpoint at Patapampa, which is 4800 meters above sea level. From there, you will have a perfect view of the imposing volcanoes that surround Arequipa. Your morning will end with lunch at the village of Chivay. Then you have free time to visit the city or relax at your hotel. The next day will start with a delicious breakfast at the hotel to prepare you for what that day has to bring. You will visit the Condor Cross to see the Colca Valley, one of the deepest canyons in the world, at more than 4 kilometers in the deepest area. At this natural viewpoint, you will be able to see the amazing condor flight only a few meters away from you. On the way back to Chivay, pass through the villages of Pinchollo, Maca, Achoma, and Yanque and the viewpoints at Antahuilque and Choquetico. Finally, you will stop to enjoy a very good meal before returning to Arequipa.
IncludesPick up and drop-off at your accommodation in central Arequipa Professional bilingual tour guide who speaks Spanish and English Lunch on both days Entrance fee to the Colca Canyon Accommodation Entrance fee to La Calera hot springs Food or drink not specified in the itinerary
- Please advise us of your arrival date and the name and address of your accommodation in Arequipa or Colca in order to organize your transportation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult • Sales tax must be collected for Peruvians or foreign visitors who stay in Peru for more than 60 days; if applicable, sales tax will be collected by the local operator
- Please note, you are required to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test (72 hours before travel). On arrival in Peru, you must take a test ordered by the Peruvian government, or the local partner can help to arrange a test at your hotel on the day of arrival. You will pay the cost of this test. If you do not take the test you will not be permitted to take part in any tours in Peru. A positive test result requires mandatory isolation. A negative test result requires no quarantine.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY