My Guide Website?
From Cusco: One-Day Round Trip to Machu Picchu by Train3 Reviews
Explore Machu Picchu on an exciting day trip from Cusco. Picturesque journey by bus and train, discovery of landscapes before immersing yourself in the amazing Inca city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Archaeological Adventure: Embark on a unique journey from Cusco to Machu Picchu.
- Capture magical moments and enjoy the freedom to explore before returning to Cus
- A day full of culture that culminates with a comfortable return to Cusco.
DescriptionStart: 04:00 at your hotel in Cusco. End: around 9:30 pm in the center of Cusco. From Cusco : Ollantaytambo - Machu picchu town - Machu picchu City - Cusco The tour begins with pickup from your hotel in Cusco at 04:00. We will head by vehicle to the Ollantaytambo train station. From there, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time to have breakfast (not included) and buy water and snacks before boarding the bus that will take us to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Once there, we will begin a 3-hour tour with our guide, who will provide detailed information about the construction and purpose of each space in this archaeological site. Afterwards, you'll have free time to take photos and explore the citadel before returning half an hour before the train leaves Aguas Calientes station. We will return to Ollantaytambo by train and then by vehicle to the historic center of Cusco or to your hotel. Note: Climbing any mountain is not allowed, including Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, since the visit takes place in the second shift, which does not allow climbing the mountains. FromVisit to the archaeological site: To enter Machu Picchu, you will need the entrance called Llaqta Machu Picchu. If you select a program without a ticket, you can purchase it on the Ministry of Culture website. The entrance will allow you to access the archaeological site following one of its 4 circuits, which you must choose once you are at the entrance to the citadel: - Circuit 1: Tour the upper and lower part of the archaeological site, as well as the area of platforms and terraces for 3 hours. - Circuit 2: Explore the upper and lower part of the archaeological site, the routes to Inti Punku and the Puente del Inca for 4 hours. - Circuit 3: Visit the lower part of the archaeological site, which includes the agricultural area, the Temple of the Sun, the House of the Inka and the Archaeological Reserve for 1 hour and a half. - Circuit 4: Explore the lower part of the archaeological site, which includes the agricultural area, the Temple of the Sun, the House of the Inka, the Sacred Rock and the water bodies for 2 and a half hours. It is recommended to choose circuit 1 or 2 to tour the citadel, as it will allow you to visit a greater number of attractions and capture classic photographs of Machu Picchu.
IncludesBriefing one day before the tour: At your hotel or in our office. Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco. Tourist transportation for the journey: From your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Inbound Expedition or Voyager Train: From Ollantaytambo to the town of Machu Picchu. Outbound Expedition or Voyager Train: From Machu Picchu town. Tourist transportation: From Ollantaytambo to Cusco or your hotel. Machu Picchu Sanctuary ticket: Circuit 1 or 2 (subject to availability). Bus for ascent and descent in Machu Picchu. Professional guide in Machu Picchu: For 3 hours.
- Non-Transferable Tickets: Machu Picchu tickets are non-transferable and cannot be used by another person. Rainy Weather Policy: The tour operates normally even in rainy weather. Please be prepared for varying weather conditions. Last-Minute Accommodation Change: If you change your accommodation location at the last minute, it's crucial to inform the operator promptly to update the pickup location. Travel with Passport: It is mandatory to travel with the passport used for the reservation. Please ensure you have it with you during the tour. Note: These details are essential for a smooth and enjoyable experience during your Machu Picchu tour.