My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Trek76 Reviews
Be dazzled by the Vinicunca Mountain, also known as Rainbow Mountain, on this full-day adventure through the Peruvian Andes.
- Marvel at snow-capped mountain peaks
- Enjoy spectacular views of Rainbow Mountain
- Stumble across the animals of the Andes
DescriptionBe collected at your accommodation in Cusco around 4:00 AM. Travel about three hours to the Hanchipacha community and stop for breakfast. Then drive 15 minutes more to the Quesiuno community at 4,326 meters (14,189 foot). Start the trek and over three hours enjoy amazing landscapes with alpaca and llama herds, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains, and traditional local houses. The rainbow mountains are one of the spectacular places of the Vilcanota mountain range. The natural coloration is due to the presence of sedimentary stones in erosion. The impressive thing is how the stones have been formed to form a set of seven colors. Reach the rainbow mountains at 5,020 meters (16,466 foot) and have time to explore the area and take photographs. Spend between 30 minutes and one hour here, depending on your trekking speed and the weather conditions. The return hike takes two hours. At the Quesiuno community, take transportation to the Hanchipacha community, where you will have lunch. Then be driven to Cusco and dropped off at Regocijos Square, which is two blocks from the Main Square.
IncludesPick up at your accommodation in Cusco Drop-off at Plaza Regocijo Professional guide who speaks English or Spanish First aid kit and oxygen Breakfast and lunch Walking poles
- It is important that you spend some days in Cusco before going to the Rainbow Mountain, so your body acclimates to the high altitudes • This tour is not recommended for people with asthma, heart problems, and/or high blood pressure
- You will walk over 16,000 feet above sea level; take the necessary precautions to avoid altitude sickness • You must be reasonably fit for this activity; however, horses can be rented for part of the trip
- It is recommended to take comfortable hiking shoes and a warm jacket