My Guide Website?
From Puno: Floating Islands of the Uros Half-Day Tour
Travel to the mystical floating town of the indigenous Uros people and learn about their unique culture and traditions on a half-day guided tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the unique floating islands of the Uros people on Lake Titicaca
- Learn about the rich history of a culture dating back to pre-Inca times
- See how aquatic plants are used to build the surface of each island
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the iconic Lake Titicaca
DescriptionJoin a half-day guided tour to visit the famous floating islands on Lake Titicaca where the Uros people live and discover the rich history of this culture established over 3,000 years ago. Embark on a boat from to the main port of Punos towards the floating islands located in the highest navigable lake in the world, Lake Titicaca, where today around 2,000 inhabitants live. Be amazed by the unique sight of the 80 floating islands that have been built of totora, an aquatic plant that grows on the surface of the lake. Learn how the totora is woven and laid and layered to build the surface of each island. The Uros people trade the plant and also use to build their houses, to cook, and in their cuisine. As an optional activity, It is possible to make a journey in a boat called 'Balsa de Totora', a traditional form of aquatic transport also made from the aquatic plant.
IncludesBoat transfer Entrance to the Uros island Bilingual English and Spanish tour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off from the city center (if option selected)
- Tour takes place in shine or rain
- The ticket to ride a reed boat 'Balda de Totora' is not included but can be paid on the spot directly to the Uros. The cost is 15 Soles per person