My Guide Website?
From Puno: Uros, Amantaní & Taquile Islands 2-Day Tour10 Reviews
Embark on a 2-day boat trip to discover the islands of Uros, Amantaní, and Taquile. Learn about the islanders who inhabit Lake Titicaca.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Salkantay Trek 5-Day Hike to Machu Picchu
- From Lima: Full-Day Paracas and Huacachina Bus Tour
- Iquitos: Belen Market and Venice Loretana Guided Tour
- From Nazca: 35-Minute Flight Over Nazca Lines
- Cusco: Humantay Lake All-inclusive Full-day Tour
- Explore the highest navigable lake in the world, Lake Titicaca
- Visit 3 of the lake's most incredible islands
- Spend the night in a homestay, immersed in the local culture
- Walk up to the top of Amantaní island at an altitude of 4,130 meters
- Admire views of the sunset over Lake Titicaca
DescriptionDay 1: Puno – Uros Island – Amantaní After pickup and a transfer to the main port, take a boat ride to Uros Island. Fishermen and hunters inhabit this floating island built of totora, an aquatic plant that grows on the surface of the lake. Learn how the totora is woven and laid and layered to build the surface of each island. As an optional activity, it is possible to make a journey in a boat called 'balsa de totora', a traditional form of aquatic transport also made from the reeds. Then, continue to Amantani Island. Upon arrival, a local family will take you to their home. A traditional lunch will be prepared by the locals with products from the area. Next, visit the famous pre-Inca Pachatata temple. At dusk, hike to the top of the island at 4130m, from where you will be able to observe the sunset over Lake Titicaca. Dinner and overnight at the local family's house on Amantani Island. Day 2: Amantaní – Taquile – Puno After breakfast, head to Taquile Island, famous for its handicraft production and beautiful textiles. Locals even wear a special hat to signify if they are single, married, or in a position of authority. Explore local temples, tombs and terraces from the pre-Inca era, as well as learning about traditional farming techniques and the island's ancient customs. Lunch is not included here, Then return to Puno and be transferred back to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from the city center Bilingual English and Spanish-speaking guide 1 night's accommodation in a homestay on Amantani Island 3 meals (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner) Entrance fees to all islands
- Tour takes place rain or shine