My Guide Website?
Lake Titicaca 2-Day Tour to Uros, Amantani and Taquile124 Reviews
Visit the floating reed islands of Lake Titicaca. Stay overnight with a family on Amantani. Learn about the weaving traditions on Taquile Island.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Explore Lake Titicaca and its floating reed islands by boat
- Stay overnight with a local family and learn about local traditions
- Visit Taquile island and admire the examples of intricate weaving
DescriptionDiscover the islands of Lake Titicaca on this 2-day tour from Puno. Spend the night at a homestay on Amantani Island and learn about local traditions. Day 1: Uros Islands and Amantani Head to the legendary floating reed islands by motorboat. On Amantani Island the tour breaks into smaller groups for stays with local families. Trek to the top of the mountain to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata. Authentic food will be prepared and music performed by your designated family. Day 2: Taquile Island – Puno After breakfast, take a short boat ride to nearby Taquile island and meet locals known for their intricate weavings. Return to Puno after lunch, arriving between 3:15 PM and 3:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup (if option chosen) Transfers Boat transportation Entry to the Islands English-speaking guide 1 night's accommodation with a family on Amantani Island (rustic accommodation with bedding and blankets supplied) Meals: 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing. Warm clothing during the winter season (May to September) and rainwear during the rainy season (October to April)
- If you have heavy luggage, ask if your hotel can keep it safe for you (this service is usually free) or leave it at the meeting point at no cost, big luggage is not allowed in the boat.
- You can take a ride on a typical reed boat, which costs approximately 15 Soles per person (this contributes to the community income) payable directly to the locals.
- Pickup only applies to hotels in central Puno. If you are staying outside of the pickup area, the local supplier will arrange a meeting point in the city center