My Guide Website?
Lima: Flavors and Tradition Walking Tour with Food Tasting17 Reviews
Explore the center of Lima and visit one of the most traditional taverns in the city. You can sample some highlights of Peruvian gastronomy as you wander around the famous central market.
- Explore one of the biggest commercial areas in Lima and Chinatown
- Visit Lima's Plaza Mayor, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Taste Peru's gastronomy and traditional flavors
- Move around the city like a local, using public transportation
- Stroll around the Mercado Central
DescriptionYour tour will begin the right way, with a morning coffee to be at “Terrua” coffee shop with a brief explanation about the coffee in Peru. Following coffee experience, it will be time to voyage to the city center using the “Metropolitano”, which will provide you with a fun experience of Lima's public transportation. At the city center, you will begin your walk at Mercado Central and China Town, to try different bites of the Peruvian-Chinese gastronomy. If you are thirsty, a “Chicha Morada” is also included on this tour. After the “Mercado Central”, your tour will continue around Congress Palace, an old building from the first years of the Peruvian Republic. You can finish the walk around San Francisco church to try some “churros”, as well as come Causa or Papa Rellena with a traditional Pisco Sour at the Cordano Tavern. This tavern is one of the most traditional places surrounding Government Palace, and is more than 100 years old.
IncludesA local bilingual guide (Spanish/English) Coffee, appetizers, causa or papa a la huancaina, pisco sour, and dessert Public transportation ticket
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Be sure to use sunscreen and/or wear a hat for protection from the sun
- Bring local currency in case you want to buy a souvenir
- Bring a bottle of water