Lima: Pachacamac Ruins & Barranco Half-Day Guided Tour40 Reviews
Explore Peru’s past and present with a half-day guided tour. Be amazed by the Pachacamac Archaeological Complex, an important pre-Inca religious sites. Explore Lima’s bohemian Barranco district.
- Enjoy Barranco, the bohemian district of Lima known for its art and restaurants
- Explore Pachacamac, a thousands-year-old religious site
- Learn about the Inca, and pre-Inca people's who worshipped at Pachacamac
DescriptionEnjoy the convenience of being picked up from your hotel in either Miraflores, San Isidro or Lima Downtown. Make your way to Barranco, Lima’s bohemian suburb which is known for its nightlife. See Barranco’s Central Park, its Municipal Library, and the Bridge of Sighs, a wooden bridge which stretches over the neighborhood. Next, head over to Chorrillos. Once one of the most exclusive summer resorts in Lima, Chorrillos now boasts an ecological reserve called “Pantanos de Villa.” After visiting Chorrillos you’ll drive down the South Pacific Coast Highway to Pachacamac, the most important ceremonial site on the Peruvian coast during pre-Inca and Inca times. Pilgrims came to this large complex to pay homage to the creator god Pachacamac. Throughout the centuries the site was occupied by different Andean civilizations including the Lima, the Wari, the Ichma, and finally the Inca Empire. Marvel at the pyramid-shaped temples such as the Aboditos Temple, the Old Temple, the Painted Temple, and the Temple of the Sun. Visit the on-site museum which displays artifacts including pottery, textiles, shell and stone ornaments, and a wooden Pachacamac idol.
IncludesPickup from hotels located in Miraflores, San Isidro or the Historic Center of Lima (only from Sheraton Lima and San Agustín Riviera hotels) On-trip transportation Headset to hear the tour guide clearly Professional tour guide (English- and Spanish-speaking) Admission to the Pachacamac Site Museum and Archaeological Complex Pickup from airbnbs or private accommodation (alternative meeting point set instead) Personal expenses Photos Food and drink
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Rates don't apply for Peruvians or foreign persons who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator
- Travelers are required to have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR. The test or certificate must be issued within 72 hours before boarding.
- Upon arrival in Perú, travelers must take an antigen test ordered by the Peruvian government. Passengers will bear the cost of the test at the destination. This rule declares that passengers with negative antigen test results for COVID-19 don't have to go into quarantine.
- In the event that passengers do not take the antigen test, they will not be able to do scheduled tours in Peru, or if the result is positive, they must enter mandatory isolation.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY