Machu Picchu: Full-Day Tour from Cusco with Optional Lunch39 Reviews
Travel in comfort from Cusco, on either Tourist or Superior category train options, for a full-day tour of Machu Picchu. Take in the breathtaking landscape of the Andes and enjoy a guided tour of one of the most iconic sights in the world.
- Enjoy a scenic train journey through the Andes Mountains
- Discover Machu Picchu accompanied by an expert local guide
- See the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, Sacred Sun Dial, and more points of interest
- Unearth the riches of the Inca Empire with a fascinating and thought-provoking tour
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Cusco and travel to Ollantaytambo Station to board the train to Aguas Calientes. This is the nearest town to Machu Picchu. Enjoy a scenic train journey through dramatic Andean landscapes. The train has ample seats with large windows allowing for grand views of the surrounding jungle and mountains. Board a coach for a 25-minute ride to Machu Picchu. The city of Machu Pichu is believed to have been built in the 1450s by the Inca emperor Pachacuti as a holiday retreat. Within a century the city would be abandoned following the Spanish conquest. The Spaniards never found it, so it was spared the destruction they brought on other Inca sites. Instead, it was slowly swallowed up by the jungle and hidden from harm. Take a guided tour of the site which explains the origins behind this awe-inspiring citadel and its most prominent landmarks such as the monumental Main Square, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Circular Towers, the Sacred Sun Dial, and the Burial Grounds. After the tour, be returned to Aguas Calientes where you can take some free time to explore the city, or enjoy an optional lunch. After some time in the town, return to Aguas Calientes station to take the train back to the Ollantaytambo Station, from there you will be taken back to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from Cusco hotels to Ollantaytambo Station Round-trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes Round-trip bus ticket from Agua Calientes to Machu Picchu Admission to Machu Picchu 2.5-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu Professional Bilingual Tour Guide (English and Spanish) Use of local partner facilities at Aguas Calientes for tourist information and support Contemporary Peruvian lunch at Cafe Inkaterra Restaurant (depending on the option chosen) Other visits or items not specified in the itinerary Gratuities
- Upon confirmation, please advise the local partner of your arrival date in Cusco and the name and address of your accommodation in order to organize your pickup
- Train tickets and Machu Picchu access are scheduled according to availability
- Machu Picchu is regulated by Peruvian government, so you can only stay for 4 hours at the site
- It is recommended to bring local currency as some sites do not accept credit cards.
- When booking, please provide the full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant in order to confirm your admission ticket to Machu Picchu
- Rates don’t apply for Peruvians or foreign travelers whose stay in Peru has exceeded 60 days, because sales taxes are not included in the total and if applicable will be collected by the operator
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now