My Guide Website?
Palomino Islands: Swim with Sea Lions in the Pacific Ocean45 Reviews
Experience an unforgettable 4-hour journey to the Palomino Islands aboard a comfortable and safe yacht. Observe penguins and other seabirds along the coastline of this protected area. Jump into the water and bathe next to a colony of 1000s of sealions.
- Enjoy a day swimming with friendly sea lions
- Swim in the Pacific Ocean in a protected area
- Learn about the sea lions and local marine life
- See Guano Birds and Humbolt Penguins
- Sail on a well-equipped yatch from the La Punta Bay in Lima
DescriptionEmbark on an incredible yacht tour to Palomino Islands and for the chance to witness Peru's incredible seabirds and marine wildlife and swim with thousands of sea lions in their natural habitat. First, get picked up from your hotel if you choose the relevant option when booking, otherwise make your own way to the meeting point in Callao. Start the tour from La Punta Bay where you will board a comfortable and safe yacht equipped with sophisticated navigation equipment, bathrooms, and other amenities. Sail out into the Pacific Ocean on an unforgettable 4-hour journey past the islands of Callao and along the coast of San Lorenzo Island. Pass a naval base and the El Frontón Island, where a maximum-security prison existed until the 1980s. Cruise along the coast of the Cabinzas Islands which are inhabited by several colonies of guano birds, until you finally reach the central attraction, the Palomino Islands. When you arrive, observe a colony of approximately 8000 sea lions, one of the largest in the area. Get kitted out with neoprene wetsuits and life jackets and take the opportunity to jump into the water as you get up close to these friendly animals. The tour will be under the surveillance and guidance of the experienced crew.
IncludesYacht tour Chance to swim with sea lions Neoprene swimsuit Lifejacket Seasickness medication Specialized English and Spanish-speaking guide Boat crew and instructor in the water Round-trip transportation to the port in Callao (if option with hotel pickup and drop-off is chosen)
- • It is highly recommended that you eat a very light breakfast on the day of your tour to avoid seasickness; seasickness medication is provided
- Be aware the weather is very changeable
- There are restrooms on the yacht
- You will be entering a nature reserve; please try to make as little impact as possible by not throwing waste into the sea and by not touching the animals while swimming
- The sea lions are friendly and harmless animals; you don't need to be scared
- Please be aware that Sea Lions, Humboldt Penguins and all animal life in these islands have a strong smell that can be uncomfortable for some people. People usually get used to it after a few minutes
- This part of the pacific ocean is fed by the Humboldt Current. That means the water temperature varies from 7 to 19 degrees Celsius depending on the time of year. Neoprene swimsuits are available