My Guide Website?
Puno: Full-Day Tour of Lake Titicaca and Uros & Taquile51 Reviews
Take a full-day tour from Puno to explore Uros and Taquile on Lake Titicaca. Spend time with local island residents and experience their culture. Visit a local weavers’ cooperative and observe their skills, and enjoy a locally prepared lunch on Taquile.
- See a group of inhabited islands with structures made entirely of tortora reeds
- Enjoy lunch on the island of Taquile
- Watch skilled weavers at work at the local cooperative
DescriptionYou’ll be picked up at your Puno accommodation at the beginning of this full-day excursion to Lake Titicaca. An English-speaking guide will accompany you as you travel to the lake’s islands of Uros and Taquille. Uros is a group of islands whose buildings are made entirely of tortora reeds. It is home to a small community that dates back to pre-Inca times. Spend some time with the local residents before continuing on to Taquile – an island whose culture is more closely related to that of the Aymara people of Bolivia. You’ll enjoy a locally prepared lunch on the island before visiting the local cooperative and seeing first-hand the skill of the local weavers. Return to Puno and to your lodge after a unique look at the cultures of these islands.
IncludesAll pick-ups and transfers within Puno City Center hotels Tour as indicated in the description English-speaking guide Lunch All entrance fees
- • If you are staying outside of the pickup area or haven't booked a hotel, please select the meeting point option
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing. Warm clothing during the winter season (May to September) and rainwear during the rainy season (October to April)
- If you have heavy luggage, ask if your hotel can keep it safe for you (this service is usually free) or leave it at the meeting point at no cost
- You can take a ride on a typical reed boat, which costs approximately 10 Soles per person (this contributes to the community income)