My Guide Website?
Puno: Uros and Taquile Islands Tour including lunch
Titicaca Lake is the highest navigable lake in the world and its islands are home to several communities that keep their millenary culture alive.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the landscape of the highest lake in the world
- Watch craft demonstrations from local people
- Learn about the unique culture and history of Taquile island
- Meet the locals and enjoy a traditional lunch
- Learn about how the Uros weave the reeds roots together.
DescriptionThe tour begins with pickup from selected hotels in Puno and heads to the port where your speedboat adventure begins. Board your boat for the day and then head out on the water to discover the array of floating islands, populated by the ancestral Uros society. The people have built their homes upon the artificial islands on Titicaca lake which are made from a type of reed, the Totora plant. As you sail around the islands, learn about the history, culture and traditions of the Uros people, and how their fascinating way of life thrives even in the modern day. Then continue onto the island of Taquile, once part of the Inca Empire, where the remains of this incredible culture are still visible. On Taquile island, meet the locals and witness first-hand their culture and traditions. Watch a unique craft demonstration, and learn how the community thrives from their skills. Finally, enjoy a traditional and tasty lunch before returning to Puno.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Speed boat Professional tour guide in English or Spanish Lunch Admission to Uros and Taquile islands
- • Roundtrip transportation is available from hotels located in Puno (urban area) • Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who are staying in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable warm clothes, a waterproof jacket, comfortable shoes, and a sun hat • It is recommended that you bring snacks, water, local currency, sunscreen, and insect repellent
- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.