Amazon: Kuelap and Gocta
In this region you can enjoy cycling through green mountains and incredible scenery
Amazon: Kuelap and Gocta is Best For
Directions to Amazon: Kuelap and Gocta
In this region you can enjoy cycling through green mountains and incredible scenery, like the Uctubamba valley, the Gocta waterfall, one of the tallest in the world, and the pre-Incan fortress of Kuélap. Visits last 6 days, during which you can go mountain climbing and white water rafting, and enjoy the hospitality of the local people in diverse towns like Magdalena, Tingo and Lamud, among others.
Famous for its cloud forests and extraordinary microclimates, providing a habitat for orchids, Andean bears and cock-of-the-rocks. Archaeological sites such as the enigmatic fortress of Kuélap, built between the Andes and the jungle, and mysterious tombs and sarcophagi from the time when the Chachapoya culture ruled the region. Mansions and colonial balconies, thermal springs, lagoons and the gigantic Yumbilla and Gocta waterfalls.
- Location: Amazon Department. Chachapoyas (2,334 m.a.s.l.), Luya (1,950 m.a.s.l.) and Bongará (1,935 m.a.s.l.) provinces.
- Weather: Rains from December to April
- Average temperature: 23 ° C
- Season: From April to November
- Access by land: Lima - Chiclayo - Bagua - Chachapoyas
- Level: Intermediate.
- Time: 6 days